Celine Dion & Anne Geddes& wonderful project with all the miracles of life.
Some Small Way EP. With a plethora of EPs and splits under his belt, Pennsylvania native Andrew Koji Shiraki’s latest release is an intimate, organic collection that is gorgeous in its simplicity. Each of the five songs on Some Small Way convey the feeling that they literally came together on the spur of the moment, captured on tape before they had the chance to mutate into something else, the lyrical tone evoking the nostalgic feel of Texas Is The Reason or Angel Youth-era Last Days Of April while simultaneously infused with a potent urgency.
On Some Small Way, Koji takes his upbeat and sometimes tortured pop approach (think Chisel meets Jeff Buckley) to its greatest heights yet. Engineered and co-produced by Gabe Liberti at Seaside Lounge in Brooklyn, NY and mixed by TW Walsh (Sufjan Stevens, David Bazan, Rocky Votolato), the new album features longtime collaborator Chris Sigda on guitar and vocals, Jim Tomlinson on synth and keys, and rhythm section which includes Dave Goletz and Willie Rose of Settle.
Listen to Some Small Way now. Listen to Some Small Way in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Koji (born Andrew Koji Shiraki, February 12, 1987, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States) is an American songwriter and activist. He signed with Run For Cover Records in August 2010 where he released a live EP entitled, Spring Song Vol. 1, and his critically acclaimed full band EP, Some Small Way. In October 2010, Koji released his first of two split releases on No Sleep Records, IIOI/KOJI. In 2011, Koji was named one of Alternative Press's "100 Bands to You Need to Know
Waking Up. Windows KOJI Some Small Way - EP full album: 5 song lyrics, album cover, youtube videos, all discography and tracklist, NoteLyrics.
Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: In Some Small Way (2018).
Some Small Way Album Cover Art. Koji.
Released: December 13, 2010.
|A5||Color Quiet Loud||3:49|
- Licensed From – Run For Cover Records
- Recorded At – Colormake Studios
- Recorded At – Monsterland Studios
- Recorded At – Seaside Lounge
- Recorded At – Studio A
- Recorded At – Drasik Studios
- Mixed At – Drasik Studios
- Mastered At – West West Side Music
- Manufactured By – Pirates Press
- Pressed By – GZ Media – 119064E
- Bass, Vocals – Dave Goletz
- Bass, Vocals, Handclaps – Evan Weiss (tracks: A5)
- Drums, Percussion – Marck Michalik* (tracks: A5), Will Rose
- Engineer, Mixed By – Andrew Koji Shiraki (tracks: A4)
- Glockenspiel, Synth – Jim Tomlinson
- Guitar, Piano, Vocals – Chris Sigda
- Layout – Colormake
- Mastered By – Jamal Ruhe
- Mixed By – T.W. Walsh
- Percussion [Aux] – Gabe Liberti
- Photography By – The Work
- Piano – Pete Bradley (tracks: A3)
- Producer – Gabe Liberti (tracks: A1, A2, A3), Koji (tracks: A1, A2, A3, A5)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Mark Michalik (tracks: A5)
- Songwriter, Vocals, Guitar – Andrew Koji Shiraki
Black (180 Gram) – 100
Ultra Clear (180 Gram) – 150
Translucent Blue (180 Gram) – 250 (THIS)
Test Press – 20
– Uncoated, reverse board jacket
– Black poly-lined inner sleeve
– 3MIL poly-bag
All songs by Andrew Koji Shiraki, Copyright 2009. A1, A2, & A3 were recorded at Colormake Studios in Harrisburg, PA, Monsterland in Brooklyn, NY, Seaside Lounge in Brooklyn, NY, and Studio A on the 8th Floor in New York, NY over the course of 2009. A4 was engineered and mixed by Andrew Koji Shiraki in Wilmington, DE at Kim's House in May of 2010 during the Spring Song Vol. 1 Taping. A5 was produced by KOJI and recorded and mixed at Drasik Studios in Chicago, IL in March of 2010.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped side A): PIRATE PRESS NATIVE-RE001 119064E1/A
|none||Koji||Some Small Way (CD, EP)||Run For Cover Records||none||US||2010|
|NATIVE-RE 001||Koji||Some Small Way (12", S/Sided, EP, RE, TP)||The Native Sound||NATIVE-RE 001||US||2014|
|NATIVE-RE 001||Koji||Some Small Way (12", S/Sided, EP, RE, Ult)||The Native Sound||NATIVE-RE 001||US||2014|
|NATIVE-RE 001||Koji||Some Small Way (12", S/Sided, EP, RE)||The Native Sound||NATIVE-RE 001||US||2014|
|none||Koji||Some Small Way (12", TP)||Run For Cover Records||none||US||2010|
Title: Some Small Way
Date of release: 2014
Style: Indie Rock
Size MP3: 1914 mb
Size FLAC: 1214 mb
Rating: 4.6 / 5
Other Formats: WMA VOC DMF XM MIDI MMF TTA