Explore CCMonthly's board "Jazz Composers", followed by 431 people on Pinterest.
Голос Джеймса Брауна и Рея Чарльза в джаз-клубе. Пропустить невозможно!
None of the musicians in the orchestra (except possibly trombonist Dick Shearer) are that well-known, but they form a powerful group sound and take concise solos that are a logical part of the arrangements.
The Jazz Composer's Orchestra was an American jazz group founded by Carla Bley and Michael Mantler in 1965 to perform orchestral avant-garde jazz. Its origins lay in the Jazz Composers Guild, an organization founded by Bill Dixon which grew out of the series of 1964 concerts in New York, known as the "October Revolution in Jazz" and subsequent regular performance settings.
The Blues In Two Parts. Blues: Before And After. Written-By – William Russo. Written-By – Ornette Coleman. Trumpet – Bob Clark, Bobby Pickwood (tracks: A2, A3), Jon Lewis (tracks: A2, A3), Kevin Richardson (tracks: A1), Kye Palmer, Les Lovitt (tracks: A4 to B5), Mark Masters (tracks: A4), Paul Cacia (tracks: A1 to A3), Rob Schwarz (tracks: A1). Tuba – Ken Sawhill.
JAZZ COMPOSERS ORCHESTRA is a avant-garde jazz music artist. The Orchestra's first release was Communication in 1965. Their 1968 double-album The Jazz Composer's Orchestra featured soloists Cecil Taylor, Don Cherry, Roswell Rudd, Pharoah Sanders, Larry Coryell, and Gato Barbieri. Thanks to snobb for the addition.
Comes with a 24 page 12x12" b/w booklet of text and pictures. The box lid label is gray printing on silver foil. Manufactured and marketed by ECM Records, Munchen. Printed in W. Germany. Rights Society: GEMA. Matrix, Runout (Run-out Side A): ST JCOA 1001-A HR.
Jazz Composers Alliance Orchestra.
Слушайте The Jazz Composers Orchestra и скачивайте бесплатно в формате mp3 прямо сейчас, без кодов, смс и регистрации. Burgundy Street Blues - Kyoto Composers Jazz Orchestra. Moon River - Kyoto Composers Jazz Orchestra.
Is Ode the best album by London Jazz Composers' Orchestra? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. BARRY GUY, LONDON JAZZ COMPOSERS ORCHESTRA - Ode ~ 2 x CD ALBUM Condition: Very Good. Time left: 2d 7h 35m 7s. Ships to: Worldwide.
Jazz Composers Alliance Orchestra In, Thru and Out Cadence Jazz 2004. Established in 1985, Boston's Jazz Composers Alliance Orchestra is an ever-evolving collective, one that continues to build on its reputation as a peerless conduit of modern big band compositions. While premiering specially commissioned works by Marty Ehrlich, Muhal Richard Abrams, and Wayne Horvitz, JCAO has also featured compositions by Dave Holland, Julius Hemphill, Tim Berne, Henry Threadgill, Steve Lacy, Sam Rivers, and other heavyweights. York years; "The Red Blues" features Rebecca Shrimpton, who sings lines from a poem by Katz's wife, Paula Tatarunis; and the final segment, "Red Blue," is a hard-swinging summation of Hemphill's talent for fusing jazz with European classical and African influences. Darrell Katz The Death of Simone Weil Innova 2003.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Spring Is Here
Written-By – Rodgers And Hart*
|A2||Silver Threads Among The Blues
Written-By – Don Piestrup
Written-By – Ken Hanna
Written-By – Ken Hanna
|B1||Quartels And Quintals
Written-By – Hank Levy
|The Blues In Two Parts||(5:36)|
|B2-1||Blues: Before And After
Written-By – William Russo*
Written-By – Ornette Coleman
Written-By – Ken Hanna
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sea Breeze Record Company
- Recorded At – Sage & Sound
- Mastered At – Greg Lee Processing – L 25623
- Distributed By – Sea Breeze Records
- Alto Saxophone – Charlie Richard
- Art Direction – Carol Lynah
- Bass – Bill Saitta
- Drums, Congas, Bongos – Dave Marks
- Engineer – Jim Mooney
- Photography By – Paul Siemion
- Piano – Chad Evans
- Producer – Mark Masters
- Saxophone – Dave Gregg , Greg Degler (tracks: A2, A3), Jim Quam (tracks: A1, A4 to B5), Kennan Miller, Lee Secard (tracks: A2, A3), Phil Feather (tracks: A1, A4 to B5)
- Trombone – Clint Sandusky (tracks: A1 to A3), Dave Woodley, Dick Shearer, Gary Smith , John Sandhagen (tracks: A1), John Wickham (tracks: A4 to B5)
- Trumpet – Bob Clark*, Bobby Pickwood (tracks: A2, A3), Jon Lewis (tracks: A2, A3), Kevin Richardson (tracks: A1), Kye Palmer, Les Lovitt (tracks: A4 to B5), Mark Masters (tracks: A4), Paul Cacia (tracks: A1 to A3), Rob Schwarz (tracks: A1)
- Tuba – Ken Sawhill*
- Track A2, A3 April 1, 1985
- Tracks A4, B1 to B4 August 20, 1985
- Track A1 January 28, 1986
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A etched): SB 2033 A L 25623
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B etched): SB 2033 B L 25623 x
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
Performer: Mark Masters' Jazz Composers Orchestra
Title: Silver Threads Among The Blues
Date of release: 1986
Style: Big Band, Contemporary Jazz
Size MP3: 1657 mb
Size FLAC: 1964 mb
Rating: 4.4 / 5
Other Formats: VQF WMA MOD VOX AU MMF AA