Формируйте собственную коллекцию записей Billy Joel.
In 1977, Billy Joel released his album The Stranger to massive critical and commercial success.
Billy Joel Toggle Navigation.
Слушать песню Billy Joel – The Stranger (The Stranger - 1977) онлайн или скачать mp3 в хорошем качестве 320 kbps на телефон (андроид, айфон) вы можете на сайте YoSound.
The Stranger is the fifth studio album by American singer Billy Joel, released in September 1977 by Columbia Records. It was the first of Joel's albums to be produced by Phil Ramone, with whom he would go on to work for all of his albums up until his 1986 album The Bridge. The Stranger was released a year following Joel's previous studio effort, Turnstiles, which had sold modestly and peaked low on the US charts, prompting Columbia to consider dropping Joel if his next release did not sell well.
The Stranger (album).
They do provide The Stranger with the feel of a concept album, yet there is no true thematic connection between the pieces, and his lyrics are often vague or mean-spirited. His lyrical shortcomings are overshadowed by his musical strengths. Even if his melodies sound more Broadway than Beatles - the epic suite "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" feels like a show-stopping closer - there's no denying that the melodies of each song on The Stranger are memorable, so much so that they strengthen the weaker portions of the album
The Stranger" is a song by rock artist Billy Joel from his 1977 album of the same name, The Stranger. The song was released as a single in Japan where it became very popular and peaked at on the Oricon chart, charting as well in Australia. It was the last single from the album in Japan, while the US and UK saw "She's Always a Woman", released the previous year, as the last single from the album. The single is featured on Joel's greatest hits album, Greatest Hits - Volume I & II.
The way this album ends would match the way it begins if Anthony’s Song were moved (Out) from the first slot. It’s a good song, most here are, but it should go after the title theme. It’s also a story not just about a grocer named Anthony but a sergeant who moonlights as a bartender; two characters who have no business at the start of a Billy Joel album. Perhaps that’s the point.
Billy Joel's 'The Stranger' was released in September 1977. Just the Way You Are" was the song that rocketed to No. 3, propelled The Stranger to No. 2 and made Joel a household name. But the album was much more than that song – which, frankly, is kinda sappy, super dated and not at all where Joel's heart really lied at the time. For almost 45 minutes, Joel rolls through his best collection of songs with a determination that reflects his frame of mind. It was make or break time for him, and he knew it. Only at the very end does he lose some steam
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)||3:30|
|A3||Just The Way You Are
Alto Saxophone – Phil Woods
|A4||Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
Accordion – Dominic CorteseGuitar – Steve Burgh
Accordion – Dominic Cortese
|B2||Only The Good Die Young||3:54|
|B3||She's Always A Woman||3:19|
|B4||Get It Right The First Time||3:54|
|B5||Everybody Has A Dream
Backing Vocals – Gwen Guthrie, Lani Groves, Patti Austin, Phoebe SnowOrgan – Richard Tee
|B6||The Stranger (Reprise)|
- Published By – Joelsongs
- Published By – Higher Music
- Published By – Ripparthur Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Printed By – Shorewood Packaging Co. Ltd.
- Pressed By – CBS Pressing Plant, Aston Clinton
- Acoustic Guitar – Hugh McCracken (tracks: A3, A4, B3 to B5), Steve Burgh (tracks: A3, B3, B4)
- Arranged By [Orchestration] – Patrick Williams
- Bass – Doug Stegmeyer
- Drums – Liberty DeVitto
- Engineer – Jim Boyer, Phil Ramone
- Guitar – Hiram Bullock
- Guitar [Six-, Twelve- & Highstring], Acoustic Guitar [Rhythm] – Steve Khan
- Percussion – Ralph MacDonald (tracks: A2, A3, B5)
- Piano [Acoustic], Vocals, Keyboards [Electric], Synthesizer – Billy Joel
- Producer – Phil Ramone
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute, Organ – Richie Cannata
- Written-By – B. Joel*
NotesComes with printed lyric insert
Track B6 is not mentioned on either the sleeve or on the label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Etched run-out side 1 (variant 1)): CBS.S.82311. A1
- Matrix / Runout (Etched run-out side 2 (variant 1)): CBS.S.82311. B1
- Matrix / Runout (Etched run-out side 1 (variant 2)): CBS.S.82311. A3
- Matrix / Runout (Etched run-out side 2 (variant 2)): CBS.S.82311. B3
- Matrix / Runout (Etched run-out side 1 (variant 3)): CBS.S.82311. A5
- Matrix / Runout (Etched run-out side 2 (variant 3)): CBS.S.82311. B3
- Matrix / Runout (Etched run-out side 1 (variant 4)): CBS.S.82311. A-2
- Matrix / Runout (Etched run-out side 1 (variant 5)): CBS.S.82311. A3
- Matrix / Runout (Etched run-out side 2 (variant 5)): CBS.S.82311. B4
|JC 34987, 34987||Billy Joel||The Stranger (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia, Columbia, Family Productions||JC 34987, 34987||US||1977|
|82311, CBS 82311, JC 34987, S CBS 82311||Billy Joel||The Stranger (LP, Album)||CBS, CBS, CBS, CBS||82311, CBS 82311, JC 34987, S CBS 82311||UK||1977|
|JC 34987||Billy Joel||The Stranger (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia, Family Productions||JC 34987||US||1977|
|PC 7057||Billy Joel||The Stranger (Cass, Album, Dol)||CBS, Family Productions||PC 7057||Australia||1977|
|CSCS 6016||Billy Joel||The Stranger (CD, Album, RE)||CBS/Sony||CSCS 6016||Japan||1990|
Performer: Billy Joel
Title: The Stranger
Date of release: 1977
Style: Pop Rock, Classic Rock
Size MP3: 1137 mb
Size FLAC: 1108 mb
Rating: 4.4 / 5
Other Formats: AAC MP4 VQF MOD APE AIFF RA