Schubert: String Quartet in A minor, 'Rosamunde' - String Quartet in D minor, 'Death & the Maiden'
Artemis Quartett, Schubert. Label : Erato Format : Flac track Cover : Front. Tracklist : Franz Schubert String Quartet No. 13 in A minor, D804 ‘Rosamunde’ String Quartet No. 14 in D minor, D810 ‘Death and the Maiden’ String Quartet No. 15 in G Major, D887.
The String Quartet No. 13 in A minor, "Rosamunde"; the String Quartet No. 14 in D minor, "Death and the Maiden"; and the String Quartet No. 15 in G major are among Schubert's most sublime statements, and they require the emotional power and spiritual depth an ensemble would give to Beethoven's late quartets
The String Quartet No. 14 in D minor, known as Death and the Maiden, is a piece by Franz Schubert that has been called "one of the pillars of the chamber music repertoire. It was composed in 1824, after the composer suffered a serious illness and realized that he was dying. It is named for the theme of the second movement, which Schubert took from a song he wrote in 1817 of the same title. 14 in D minor, known as Death and the Maiden, by Franz Schubert, is one of the pillars of the chamber music repertoire Franz Schubert - Allegro in A minor, D 947 Lebensstürme. Franz Schubert: String Quartet No. 13 in A minor (the Rosamunde Quartet), D. 804, Op. 29. Sini Simonen, Benjamin Bowman, Steven Dann, Richard Lester at the 15th Esbjerg International Chamber Music Festival 2013. 25th August at South Denmark's. Franz Schubert - "Allegro ma non troppo" - Khatia Buniatishvili - Live. Emission "Quotidien" du 15/03/2019 - TMC. Franz Schubert - Minuetto Allegro molto.
It presents the composer s final three string quartets: No. 13 in A minor, Rosamude; No. 14 in D minor, Death and the Maiden and No. 15 in G major. This new Schubert album joints the Artemis Quartet s 2008 release of the composer s String Quintet (for which cellist Truls Mork complemented the ensemble) and Quartettsatz in C minor.
Schubert: String Quartets 'Rosamunde' & 'Death and the Maiden'. The Artemis enjoy growling, clashing, shivering, and the relentless energy of the last movements. Excerpt, Schubert: String Quartet No. 13 in A minor, D804 'Rosamunde'. It presents the composer’s final three string quartets: No 13 in A minor, ‘Rosamunde’ (which draws on his incidental music for Helmina von Chezy’s play Rosamunde); No 14 in D minor, ‘Death and the Maiden’ (with its haunting second movement based on his song Der Tod und das Mädchen), and No 15 in G major. Schubert and Beethoven were contemporaries in Vienna, and Beethoven is reputed to have returned some of the younger composer’s admiration, but, as Eckart Runge, cellist of the Artemis Quartet points out: In some senses, Beethoven and Schubert could hardly be more different. 14 Death and the Maiden is one of the most famous quartets; a powerful work full of melodic invention. Composed in March 1824 right after the Rosamunde Quartet this had to wait until 1831 for its publication three years after Schubert’s death. Given Schubert’s grave health problems not surprisingly the theme of death is at the heart of the score. At times the writing is sombre but it never feels morbid
|String Quartet No. 14 D810 "Death And The Maiden" In D Minor|
|1-2||Andante Con Moto||13:17|
|1-3||Scherzo. Allegro Molto - Trio||4:35|
|String Quartet No. 13 D804 "Rosamunde" In A Minor|
|1-5||Allegro Ma Non Troppo||12:33|
|1-7||Menuetto: Allegro - Trio||9:11|
|String Quartet No. 15 D887 In G Major|
|2-1||Allegro Molto Moderato||20:57|
|2-2||Andante Un Poco Mosso||11:44|
|2-3||Scherzo: Allegro Vivace - Trio: Allegretto||8:23|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Erato
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Classics
- Copyright (c) – Erato
- Copyright (c) – Warner Classics
- Recorded At – Siemens Villa, Berlin
- Made By – Optimal Media GmbH – AC76052
- Cello – Eckart Runge
- Composed By – Franz Schubert
- Design – Marc Ribes
- Engineer [Balance Engineer] – Henri Thaon
- Ensemble – Artemis Quartet*
- Executive-Producer – Alain Lanceron
- Liner Notes – Eckart Runge
- Liner Notes [English Translation] – Paula Kennedy
- Liner Notes [French Translation] – Michel Roubinet
- Liner Notes [German] – Volker Scherliess
- Photography By [Artemis Quartet] – Boris Streubel
- Photography By [Cover, Inlay] – Marc Ribes
- Producer – Christoph Franke
- Technician [Sound Technician] – Susanne Beyer
- Viola – Friedemann Weigle
- Violin [I] – Natalia Prischepenko
- Violin [Il] – Gregor Sigl
NotesRecording: Siemensvilla Berlin, Germany,
27, 28, 31.V, 1.VI.2009 (D887),
30.VI, 1.VII.2009 (D804),
℗ 2012 Erato/Warner Classics, Warner Music UK Ltd. A Warner Music Group Company.
© 2012 Erato/Warner Classics, Warner Music UK Ltd. A Warner Music Group Company.
Printed in the EU. Made in the EU.
Slim double jewel case, 20-page booklet.
Please note that there is a similar release with a different back cover and different labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 5099960251220
- Label Code: LC 7873
- Other (Public domain declaration on CD face): DP
- Other (CD1 Catalogue number): 50999 6025132 9
- Other (CD2 Catalogue number): 50999 6025152 7
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): 6025132 AC76052-01 manufactured by optimal media GmbH
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): 6025152 AC76052-02 manufactured by optimal media GmbH
- Mastering SID Code (CD1 & CD2): ifpi L573
- Mould SID Code (CD1 & CD2): IFPI 9721
|50999 602512 2 0||Schubert* - Artemis Quartet*||Schubert* - Artemis Quartet* - String Quartets No. 13 "Rosamunde", No. 14 "Death And The Maiden", No. 15 G Major (2xCD, Album)||Virgin Classics||50999 602512 2 0||UK, Europe & US||2012|
Title: String Quartets No. 13 "Rosamunde", No. 14 "Death And The Maiden", No. 15 G Major
Country: UK, Europe & US
Size MP3: 1916 mb
Size FLAC: 1518 mb
Rating: 4.2 / 5
Other Formats: VOX AAC FLAC MMF DXD VOC AC3